“The kindness and steadiness of the entire Bloc team, from admissions to job placement, is unmatched. It's truly a community that cares about its students and their success.”Joshua NickelsNow a Product Designer at Brighter Vision
“The student success team, along with the folks on Slack, allow me to access resources upon request or a quick search. If you are a dedicated student, Bloc has you covered.”Chris Chung
“Support is always available. When enrolling you will have access to slack which is like one big chatroom full of help. So if you message your mentor and they aren't available, ask your question on Slack and someone always answers rather quickly. I love that if I don't find a PAYING position within 6 months of graduating from Bloc, that they will refund my entire tuition.”Mashauna Lacount-Vargas
“I was able to learn to become a smart designer and to gain the confidence I needed to leave my job and pursue a career in UX/UI Design. Now, I'm working as a contractor for two different design agencies of varying sizes from the comfort of my own home - something I didn't think was possible a year ago.”Renee FowlerNow a UX/UI Design Consultant at Project6 Design
“I had reached a plateau in my career, was not feeling challenged and needed a change in direction. Looking at the job market, and seeing the careers of greatest need, I applied to bloc and the rest is history.”Belindah JonesNow a UX/UI Developer at Capital One
Bloc designers are end-to-end problem solvers. Our graduates are among the most competitive new hires in the industry. Explore our curriculum for more details.
• Build a professional portfolio with 3-6 projects
• Mastery learning assessments that model real interviews
• Job-ready certificate that signals Bloc’s stamp of approval to employers
Orientation & Program Prep
• Meet your community.
• Get familiar with your machine and your design tools.
• Understand the best practices for collaborating with others.
• Set yourself up for success.
• Assessment: Program prep quiz and orientation quiz
Master an understanding of design terminology and interfaces using industry tools and the ability to integrate user experience knowledge to analyse, evaluate and define solutions.
• Able to describe the day-to-day life of the UX/UI designer, the role of UX/UI designer in modern organizations, the main topics and branches of UX/UI designer, and common UX/UI designer tools.
• Able to describe the foundations of user experience design used and research techniques used to create user centered product solutions.
• Able to explain the foundations of user interface design including design movements, accessibility and usability.
Master the capacity to work theoretically and practically in the design and user experience process to complete a full design cycle effectively.
• Able to apply the discovery phase to ensure products are user-centered and utilize requirements for researching and planning to complete a scaffolded project.
• Able to interpret requirements into usable user experience design artifacts: personas, user stories, user flows, wireframes and low fidelity prototypes to complete a scaffolded project.
• Able to leverage moodboards, branding requirements, marketing requirements and technical requirements to create impressive visual designs and utilize the science of great visual design to complete a scaffolded project.
• Able to apply usability testing, prototyping and reporting to produce deliverables for a scaffolded project.
Master capacity to work effectively as successful contributor of a team as well as demonstrated mastery in the design process, design thinking and user experience.
• Able to explain the real world process of team collaboration, checkpoints and product design as a key element of a team.
• Able to demonstrate real world exposure to creating a product from a team perspective and use the product design cycle to understand and define a product solution.
• Able to use the product design process to create visual designs and deliver a product prototype.
Create a first draft of an exceptional personal portfolio
• Able to prepare the initial background material, and apply sketching and wireframing techniques to define a personal portfolio project.
Demonstrate a mastery of a specialization in user experience research, visual design or front end design.
• Able to tap into real world exposure to a specialization in User Experience, Visual Design, front end or usability.
• Able to understand processes and deliverables of User Experience, Visual Design, Front End Design or usability.
• Able to create deliverables consumable by enterprises to demonstrate product design knowledge
Complete an independent UX/UI design capstone.
• Able to use the agile product design process to iterate through the product design cycle in a real world scenario. Use the discovery process to understand the product need.
• Able to work through the product design cycle to define a product solution.
• Able to work through the product design cycle to develop the visual design and deliver a functional prototype.
Create and publish a final draft of an exceptional personal portfolio.
• Able to demonstrate design process proficiency through a refined personal portfolio.
Get hired as a UX/UI designer.
• Able to build and nurture a professional network.
• Able to compile a set of professional branding assets to use effectively across multiple platforms.
• Able to successfully conduct technical job interviews and demonstrate competencies.